Saturday, December 21, 2013

My new life in Portlandia......


Has been such a growing fun adventure and I can't wait for whats next....

So far I have been going to school, riding my bike every where and meeting amazing people!!!!  That's one thing I truely treasure about Portlandia- the people!  They are from near and far and not afraid to share their story usually.

One of my dear friend's I have met here, while going to school, is such an AMAZING person.  She inspires me in so many ways- to be free to be myself and encourages me jump out!  Her name is Valerie and we have gotten to know each other better through walking during class on our "lunch" breaks everyday.  She shares about her day and I share about mine.  The other day while  walking, Valerie shared with me this volunteering she does with trauma intervention every month.  I couldn't believe it, I was so touched by her genuine care for the hurting and love for people.  She shared about all the different traumas she has helped with, which amazed me so much.  She had no special alterier motives but just to help people.  
Before I moved back to Portland I was asking Papa for friends that would show me how to love and care, and I'm so thankful He has put her in my life.  She inspires me to love purely.  There's so many other stories I could share but that's just one of the many He continues to be faithful in my life!       

No comments:

Post a Comment